Osterwalder: ”I guarantee. I will get them to the next level.”
We got hold of Alexander on a mountain top (!) to get some of his pre-conference thoughts. And he won’t make anyone disappointed.
– Even when people know the specific tools of the value proposition canvas – I can actually give them an angle on the topics that they've never seen before, he says.
He is the creator of the Business Model Canvas, and this well designed method is on many people’s minds daily. So – of course – the interest in Alexander's appearance at From Business to Buttons 2017 is huge. His talk is called Value Proposition Design: How to design, test, and build products and services customers care about.
– I will talk about value proposition design around user engagement, user experience, but with a strong focus on the testing aspect, says Alexander Osterwalder, when we reach him over Skype.
– I’ll go a little bit deeper on some of the lean startup techniques, specifically related to value proposition design.
– I’m a big fan of learning by doing. So I’ll get people to do things during the talk. I'll actually get all 850 people to participate in exercises.
– I'll even get them involved in a bit of a role play...
Role play, value proposition design, testing – sounds promising. But, if you are well familiar with the theories, what will the talk give you?
– Even when people know the specific tools of the value proposition canvas – I can actually give them an angle on the topics that they've never seen before.
– I guarantee. I will help them to the next level.
– And for me it's very important that they walk away with something that they can apply and that it's not just something inspirational – but applicable.